In addition to mediating, Conversation Peace Mediation does one-on-one conflict coaching. If there is a conflict that is impacting your life but you're not ready to consider mediation, conflict coaching might be beneficial for you. The purpose of it is to help you explore the issues of the conflict with a neutral person so that you will then be able to discuss it with the other person constructively. Conflict coaching can help you:
- Pinpoint what the issues of the conflict are
- Figure out what is most important to you about this situation
- Look at what interests might be fueling this for the other person
- Brainstorm strategies to resolve the issues between you
- Consider the advantages and disadvantages of each strategy
- Generate ideas for how to communicate with the other person and practice presenting your thoughts
- Role-play a conversation you want to have with the other person
- Develop a plan of action
Conflict coaching can help you with any type of conflict, including conflicts between roommates or housemates, neighbors, family members, parents and children, husbands and wives or significant others, business partners, coworkers, and others.
Since it is necessary for mediators to be neutral, we cannot mediate a case for which we have previously provided conflict coaching for one of the parties.
Conversation Peace Mediation
the path to resolution